21 OCT 2018
Your privacy is very important to us. Simply stated, our policy is to collect no personally identifiable information about you when you visit our website unless you actively choose to make such information available to us. This Privacy Statement generally describes how we collect, use and/or share information gathered by our websites.
When visiting our Site, some information is collected electronically or by technology. For example, when accessing the Internet, each computer is assigned a unique identifier called an IP address that identifies where information is coming from or where information should be sent. Along with your IP address, we collect information regarding which pages you visit on our site, from which page you came to our site, and the software you use to visit our site and its configuration. We might use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Site. We might use information from your IP address to help identify you and gather broad demographic information. None of that information is associated with you as an individual.
REB may use Personal Data
- collected through aggregation services such as our Online Banking platform in order to consolidate your financial account information at one online location, understand what product or service may be of interest to you, and present you with offers;
- for developing and providing banking facilities, products or services (whether made available by us or through us), including but not limited to:
- executing investments, banking, commercial or other transactions and clearing or reporting on these transactions;
- carrying out research, planning and statistical analysis; or
- analytics for the purposes of developing or improving our products, services, security, service quality, advertising strategies, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- for assessing and processing applications, instructions or requests from you or our customers; to allow you to apply for products or services (e.g. to prequalify for a new account, apply for a fixed deposit etc.) and evaluate your eligibility for such products or services;
- for risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements;
- to verify your identity and/or location (or the identity or location of your representative or agent) in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of accounts and Personal Data;
- to allow you to utilize features within our Site by granting us access to information from your device such as contact lists, or geo-location when you request certain services;
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to inform you about important information regarding the Site, products or services for which you apply or may be interested in applying for, or in which you are already enrolled, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including, ads or offers tailored to you;
- to personalize your experience on the Site;
- to allow you to participate in surveys and other forms of market research, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain additional information about how Personal Data is used and shared;
- collected through our social media channels and other online interactions with you to assist in verifying your identity and account status. We may combine this online information with information collected from offline sources or information we already have.
What Personal Data we collect
REB considers “Personal Data”, any personally identifiable information such as information you provide via forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including name, postal or email addresses, telephone, fax or mobile numbers, or account numbers.
Some examples of Personal Data that we may collect are:
- personal particulars (e.g. name, contact details, residential address, date of birth, identity card/passport details, and/or education details);
- specimen signature(s);
- financial details (e.g. income, expenses, and/or credit history);
- images and voice recordings of our conversations with you;
- business information (e.g. assets, creditors and nature of business activities);
- employment details (e.g. occupation, directorships and other positions held, employment history, salary, and/or benefits);
- tax and insurance information;
- information about your risk profile, investments, investment objectives, knowledge and experience and/or business interests and assets;
- banking information (e.g. account numbers and banking transactions);
- personal opinions made known to us (e.g. feedback or responses to surveys); and/or
- Information obtained from mobile device with your consent (e.g. device location and information).
Cookies and Related Technologies
A pixel tag, also known as a web beacon, is an invisible tag placed on certain pages of our web site but not on your computer. Pixel tags are usually used in conjunction with cookies and are used to monitor the behaviour of users visiting the web site.
You may set up your web browser to block cookies which will in turn disable the pixel tags from monitoring your web site visit. You may also remove cookies stored from your computer or mobile device. However, if you do block cookies and pixel tags, you may not be able to use certain features and functions of our web sites.